Mark Corff -- Freelance Television Production Experience
602-954-8227(0) * 602-770-1427(m) * email@example.com
Successful Global Sales Professional with 20+ years experience positioning solutions with Fortune 500 customers as well as educational institutions. Creative with demonstrated skills in sales and sales management, along with effective presentation techniques.
TASER International, Scottsdale, AZ
TASER manufactures Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEWs). TASER uses proprietary technology to incapacitate dangerous, or high-risk subjects that pose a risk to law enforcement/correctional officers, innocent citizens, or themselves.
Business Development / Dealer Partner 'AZ-Safe' (01/14 – Present)
I was hired as a Business Development Specialist. My duties were to mine opportunities from company leads and deliver qualified sales -- which I did. I provided effective product demos for end-user prospects, via phone and web-conferencing. Part of my responsibilities included supporting the reseller communication channel. In September of 2014 I decided I could make more money becoming a dealer for TASER. I started AZ-Safe exclusively selling TASER Products.
• For ten out of my first fourteen months I was in the top five rankings amongst seventeen coworkers. Much like police agencies across the country, our special achievements were commemorated with engraved coins. I received one for the largest deal of the quarter, one for new agency sales and one for being willing to experience how well our product works.
• During the last seven months I have been on two TV channels (and several radio stations promoting AZ-Safe. I have worked the prestigious (10 day) Barrett Jackson car show. I have fashioned out my own "civilian" niche -- selling TASERs with color to women's apparel boutiques. Currently I'm in nine stores within the Phoenix market.
Sr. Account Executive/Production Consultant (11/07 – 10/09)
I sold integrated voice and data products, MPLS Networks IP-VPN, Fixed Based Wireless, Colocations services.
• Sold to Continental Promotion Group a 3-site 10 MB MPLS Network (which included XO’s first MPLS foray into Canada) and a Fixed
Based Wireless DR Site.
• Became the company’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) for “TV One” lines and broadcasting HD over wireless Broadband.
Metrobridge Networks, Phoenix, AZ.
A premiere high-speed fixed wireless broadband provider. Company’s capabilities included delivering up to 2.5 Gigs of synchronous bandwidth.
Strategic Enterprise Sales Rep (10/06 – 09/07)
My responsibilities included selling high speed Dedicated Internet Access to Phoenix based companies.
• Increased Corporate Sales by 18.5% just in my first year.
• Negotiated a partnership arrangement between Kodak Dental Systems and Metrobridge. Opened a new line of business for
Metrobridge -- Professional Services exclusively for Kodak Dental Systems – providing not only bandwidth but repair of Kodak
equipment. Deal was worth $1.2 million over three years.
MCI, Phoenix, AZ.
Telecommunications company with an expansive global customer base including leading companies among the Fortune 1000.
Solution Specialist (07/04 – 08/06)
Overlay to Global Account Managers, specialized in the area of Managed Network Services, Managed Security Services, and hosting services.
• Sold to DHL an IPVPN network in Prague, Czech Republic, which included CPE, Management and Maintenance, Firewall Services,
PKI and RSA Token authentication Services. Service has expanded to the rest of EMEA. Deal was worth $5 million over 3 years.
• Expanding on the success of their ECRM platform in the cloud, Siebel Systems wanted to do the same for their Call Center
Services . We first got them to converge their phone network to IP and worked out a custom solution for them that included
bandwidth on-demand and cross corporate billing. Deal was worth $2,500,000 over three years.
Sprint, San Jose, CA.
Global communications company serving 26 million business and residential customers in more than 70 countries. $26 billion in annual revenues with more than 75,000 employees worldwide.
Sr. Account Executive (01/03 – 07/04)
Retention sales for clients such as Autodesk, Varian Medical, IDT; Lucasfilm, Ltd., Ask Jeeves, and Nummi. I sold domestic and global voice, WAN, data (Frame Relay, Private Line, ATM), PBX (Cisco, Nortel), IP/VPN (IP-Sec and/or MPLS), Internet access (T1-OC48), conferencing (audio, video, web), wireless (PCS, Connection Cards), E-Mail (Spam/Virus filtering), full network management needs, Mobile Computing, WIFI, Collaboration Services (Messaging) IP Enablement (Convergence), Voice over IP and Professional Services
• I successfully negotiated and closed a two year 1,000 line service agreement (Hitachi America) for PCS phones, smart devices,
PDA’s, connection cards and service. I later upgraded that contract to reflect a new 5,000 line agreement -- which brought those
revenues to over $275,000 MRC ($3,300,000 annually – one year term with options).
• Won a $5 million dollar WAN bid for Autodesk which included Internet Access for Data, Video, VoIP, Video over IP and Video
Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Security, IP/VPN, MPLS, Managed Network Services, Backup services, Remote Services, COS
Tiers, WIFI, connectivity from E1/T1 to E3/T3
GENUiTY Solutions, Inc , San Francisco, CA.
$1.2 billion Global Supplier of outsourced Internet services to Enterprise and Wholesale companies.
Global Account Manager (11/98 – 12/02)
Responsible for managing global sales efforts directed towards Cisco Systems, Inc.; Chevron/Texaco; Shell Oil Products; Silicon Graphics, Inc.; and Compaq/Hewlett-Packard.
• Sold $4 million Voice Over IP (VoIP) service agreement to Cisco Systems, negotiating “take or pay” contract terms
• Achieved 93% of $11 million quota in down economy although the company was going through a chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Some of my background has included selling a broad range of technical products and services, including all forms of conferencing (audio, video, web), collaborative software solutions (predominately Microsoft), “Informix”, “Oracle”, “Sybase”, Siebel and selling services that revolves around “NT”, “Unix-Solaris”, “IBM Web Sphere”, “BEA Web Logic”, “HP Broadvision”, “Sun I-Planet”, “Tivoli”, “HP Open View”, etc.
I’ve been responsible for selling various firewall solutions, VPNs, ISDN, DSL, Frame Relay, ATM, Private Line, Fixed Based Wireless services, MPLS, as well as Fast-E, Gig-E and 10 Gig-E for IP Transit.
I am conversant with various network topologies, and various needed hardware/software solutions. Of course, all of this selling has required product knowledge broad enough to see the applications within the client’s organization, as well as the ability to be highly persuasive.
• Worked in the television industry as Producer, Associate Producer, Director, Associate Director, etc.
• My experiences in this field included specials with Bob Hope and George Burns, Soap Operas such as Young and the Restless
and General Hospital, game shows such as Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, and talk shows such as the Tonight Show and David
Letterman, as well as numerous commercials.
• It should be noted that television production is the ultimate “management and sales job.” Many times it involves selling the
concept to financial backers, selling on-air personalities on their participation, and managing crews of up to a hundred individuals
so that all efforts are coordinated to a single conclusion and carried out efficiently on a split-second schedule.
Education: San Diego State University, B.S.